(WTNH) -- Author Rebecca Miller Ffrench prepares a breakfast for weekend guests.
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1-1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1-1/4 cups raw pistachios
½ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
½ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup flax seeds
¼ cup toasted wheat germ
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup applesauce
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Line two 11 x 17-inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pistachios, pumpkin, sunflower and flax seeds. Add the wheat germ and brown sugar and stir thoroughly with a spoon.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, applesauce, and olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture come to a simmer.
4. Remove from the heat and pour the sugar mixture over the dry ingredients. Toss thoroughly with a spoon to combine.
5. Divide the mixture between the two prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove from the oven when golden. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.
Makes 5 cups
Click here for the recipe to Sinful Cinnamon Rolls
Summer Fruit Smoothies for a Crowd
2-1/2 cups sliced peaches (about 4 large)
2 cups raspberries
2 cups melon
3 cups ice
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a blender and run until smooth.
Learn more at http://www.sweet-home.com/
Federal labor officials have accused an automotive metal forging company in Plantsville of health and safety violations involving electrical hazards and inadequate training and safe work procedures.
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — The court arraignment of a Central Connecticut State University student accused of wearing a costume that triggered a massive police response to the campus has been delayed another month.
The University of Connecticut is getting out of the municipal water business.
The University of Connecticut says an employee at the UConn Health Center inappropriately accessed personal information in the medical records of 164 patients.
A Wilton man was arrested for allegedly letting more than a dozen birds starve to death.
Route 2A is closed in Preston because of a tractor trailer accident.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Attorneys for a West Haven man say a jury has awarded him $12.2 million after he was hit by a van driven by a man who had been detained earlier by East Haven police.
The suspect accused of setting off a campus-wide lockdown at Central Connecticut State University is back in court today.
For the third time in as many years, Metro-North commuters are bracing for a fare increase.
Fourteen playgrounds and counting: the Sandy Hook Ground Project is more than half way to their goal to pay tribute to each of the 26 victims of the Newtown shooting.