- 4 6ounce. skinless chicken breast
- 10 shitake mushrooms
- Oil for sautéing
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 2 ounce. bag Deep River Snacks Rosemary Olive Oil chips
- ¼ cup sherry wine
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Pound out the chicken breast into a uniform ½ inch thickness
- Remove the stem of the shitake and discard then rough chop the mushrooms.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the shitake mushrooms in vegetable oil until golden brown. Then add the garlic and shallots and sauté until transparent
- Add the wine and reduce until almost dry and take off the heat
- Crush the chips into small pieces and add to the mushroom mixture
- Place approximately a ½ cup of mixture onto the chicken breast then roll
- The chicken may need a tooth pick to hold together
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large oven-proof sauté pan, on med high heat, sauté the chicken breast on all sides
- Leave the chicken in the sauté pan and place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the center reaches 165 degrees
- Remove the chicken breast from the oven and place back on medium heat adding sherry wine and reduce until almost dry
- Cut and place chicken on a plate and spoon on the pan sauce
- Serves 4
A lone note, hand written, faded on the scarred tree is all that is left of the accident site where Jane Modlesky died after crashing her car in Glastonbury.
When it comes to drinking and driving, the two just don't mix. Nationwide, drunk driving continues to be a problem.
A Connecticut man's portrait of Nelson Mandela hangs at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
Disturbing images from two middle school students on social media has sparked an investigation by police in Redding.
As the anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy approaches, the Sandy Ground project is nearing its goal of building one new playground for each of the 26 victims.
The brand new head of the FBI was in Connecticut on Friday. James Comey visited the FBI branch in New Haven to discuss some of his biggest concerns.
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — The Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport has sold a massive bronze statue for $300,000 to finance a major upgrade to its science education program for schoolchildren.
The Federal Railroad Administration has mandated that all Metro-North lines use new safeguards to control train speed, in order to alert engineers that a train is entering a dangerous section of track.
Lawrence and Memorial Hospital in New London has taken away the medical benefits of anyone on strike, News 8 has learned.
Gov. Dannel Malloy says the recent release of the 911 recordings from the Newtown school shooting has likely made things more difficult for the families, but he also says he expected they'd be released all along. He just wishes it had …