(WTNH) - Health Expert Kathi Casey shares some healthy Thanksgiving alternatives.
3 ripe peaches, cut in half with the pit removed
2 TBSP Butter
2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP brown sugar
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter, sugar and cinnamon until it boils. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Make sure you grill is very hot and oiled, then brush the peach halves with the butter and sugar mixture
- And gill for about three minutes on each side. Yummmmmm!
- Each serving has approx : 160 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 1g protein, 19g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 17g sugar), 20mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium
- If you want to be really decadent at the holidays or a birthday - serve the peaches over coconut ice cream
A Naugatuck dad was arrested after his two small children were found outside in the cold shivering Tuesday.
Bristol officials say they are undeterred in enforcing property code banning blight after an out-of-town landlord was arrested on charges of threatening to blow up City Hall in a dispute over grass that was not mowed.
A silver alert has been issued for a missing teenage girl from New Haven.
Lawrence + Memorial Hospital has postponed its annual meeting due to a labor dispute with nurses and technicians.
A Stamford judge has approved a request by the ex-wife of a former Bush administration lawyer finding him culpable for beating injuries she accuses him of inflicting on her.
A former employee has testified in a lawsuit against Greenwich Hospital that she was pressured to resign after she discovered contaminated blood vials.
I-395 is reopen in Putnam following a multi-vehicle accident this morning.
For the third time in as many years, Metro-North commuters are bracing for a five percent fare increase.
Fourteen playgrounds and counting: the Sandy Hook Ground Project is more than half way to their goal to pay tribute to each of the 26 victims of the Newtown shooting.
Police are investigating a fire that broke out at a hardware store in Torrington.