(WTNH) - Flag Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- Make the cakes, boxed or homemade. You want two 3" cakes, one white and one red. Then one two inch blue cake.
- Let the cakes cool and then cut the layers. The thickness of the layers depends on how many stripes you want.
- Assemble the cake. Start with a red layer on the bottom, add buttercream, then a white layer, add buttercream, and repeat until you have the amount of stripes you want. Be sure to save one red and one white layer for the middle.
- With the blue cake use a can that will give you a four inch circle. Pop out the middle and place the large section on the cake. Using the same method, cut out circles on the red and white layers, making sure to notice what color you left off on, add some buttercream, then next layer. Continue until you reach the top of your blue layer.
- Finish frosting the outside of the cake
- The final decorations are up to you.
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 1-3 tsp milk
Using a mixer cream butter and vanilla. Gradually add sugar. Then add milk as necessary to make it as creamy as you want.
Malena Makes Cakes
East Haven, CT
203 868 9825
Wreaths Across America is an organization that lays wreaths on the tombstones of our fallen heroes at cemeteries around the nation.
A Massachusetts man who was driving a casino tour bus that struck and killed a pedestrian at Mohegan Sun last year has been arrested.
Drivers are being advised to use caution as they battle snow falling on the roadways across Connecticut.
The snow made it's way into the state early Tuesday morning, causing multiple cities and towns to put parking bans in place.
Residents around the state are bidding farewell to fall and welcoming winter with these Report It photos from snowfall on December 10, 2013.
Route 16 is closed in Lebanon following an accident involving an oil truck.
Emergency personnel responded to a Milford home this morning after a truck came crashing into it.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy will be announcing a nominee to the state Supreme Court to replace Justice Flemming L. Norcott Jr., who has reached the mandatory retirement age of 70.
A Middletown man was seriously injured after crashing into a telephone pole in the overnight hours Tuesday.
Norwich officials say they fired the city's recreation director over allegations he made personal use of city equipment, allowed drinking of beer at adult softball games on city property and invited family members to a staff party in a …