(WTNH) -- Chef Heide Lang is back in the kitchen, making lime creamed corn.
Corn is at its peak here in Connecticut, and this recipe is a wonderful crowd pleaser for any informal dinner or barbecue. The key ingredient is the fresh lime zest.
The Fig Cooking School, LLC is an exciting gourmet cooking school that teaches home cooks how to prepare fabulous, interesting food without spending hours in the kitchen. Sign up for a class at
Creamed Corn with Lime Zest
8-10 ears fresh corn
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup half and half or heavy cream
¾ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or white pepper
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons lime zest
1. Cut the corn from the cobs and scrape the cobs with the edge of a spoon or knife to extract as much juice and kernels as possible until you have about 6 cups of corn.
2. In medium size pot, place corn in boiling water for approx. 15 minutes. Drain in colander. (This step can be skipped if you want the kernels to be crunchy.)
3. Melt the butter over a medium high heat until it is frothy.
4. Add the corn and stir constantly for a minute.
5. Pour in the cream and milk.
6. Add sugar, salt and pepper.
7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring until the liquid has almost thickened to a dense yellow sauce, about 12 minutes.
8. Add the lime juice and zest, and cook another two minutes.
9. Turn off the heat, cover, and let steam for two minutes.
MARLBOROUGH, Conn. (AP) — A Marlborough man has been charged with hosting a party with alcohol that was attended by a teenager who was involved in a fatal crash after leaving.
From the roads to the rails, to the skies above, everything is on the table as the state reveals its biggest transportation challenges.
Advocates for homeless young people in Connecticut say the state has a lack of available safe housing for young people in crisis and say more and better housing is needed.
Former IBM executive Nicholas Donofrio of Ridgefield has been named the new chairman of the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education.
Exercise is good for your body, but can also be good for your mind. That's why educators at one Connecticut school are making it part of students weekly routine before the school day even starts.
Members of the Newtown Action Alliance, the Newtown Foundation and family members of gun violence will gather today at the National Cathedral in Washington DC for a vigil honoring all victims of gun violence.
Someone in New Haven county is going to be $1 million richer after they check their ticket for Wednesday night's Powerball drawing.
Danbury police have charged a teenager with murder and assault in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old man during a melee last weekend.
Police are on the scene of a two-vehicle accident involving a school bus in North Haven this morning.
A Manchester police report says male motorists were more likely than women to be pulled over by police last year and black motorists were overrepresented compared with white people behind the wheel.