(WTNH) -- Betty Ann Donegan creates a tasty beet soup.
Recipe: Beet Gazpacho (tapas)
- 1 pound cooked beets*
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Shallots
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups ice water
- Creme fraiche for garnish
- Place beets, mustard, pepper, Gorgonzola, vinegar, salt, and shallots in a bowl of a processor or blender. Process until smooth, stopping the machine and scraping the sides of the bowl once or twice to make sure everything is smooth. Drizzle the ice water through the feed tube and taste after adding 1 1/2 cups. Add more water if desired. Chill until needed. Serve in a small martini glass with a swirl of creme fraiche. Serves eight.
*For the beets: if using canned beets, (2) 15 oz. cans rinsed and drained will yield slightly over a pound. Fresh beets should be cooked, cooled, peeled and then weighed. To cook the beets, they can be roasted (best method) or boiled. To roast beets, rinse them well and wrap in foil. Place on a tray and bake at 350F until tender - test with a knife. Allow to cool to the touch, then peel.
Governor Malloy congratulated the responders Wednesday, for their swift actions at the University of New Haven.
A 23-year-old Bridgeport pharmacy employee was arrested for home invasion Tuesday, after forcing his way into a 78-year-old man's apartment and robbing him.
Westport police are searching for 85-year-old man who has been missing since 9:30 Wednesday morning.
Connecticut police say they have arrested a Massachusetts couple who authorities believed might harm themselves and their special needs son.
Todd Ruggere, a 39-year-old married father of one, is on a mission to raise as much money as he can to help kids with cancer.
With Christmas less than a month away, many people throughout Connecticut are heading out to area farms this week to find a holiday tree for their home.
Recordings released Wednesday of 911 calls from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting show town dispatchers urged panicked callers to take cover, mobilized help and asked about the welfare of the children as the boom of gunfire could …
Yesterday's gun scare at the University of New Haven was the latest in a string of local campus lockdowns. And today the 911 calls from the tragic Sandy Hook shooting were released. Those are two topics that many of you are calling in …
A Willimantic couple is sitting behind bars after police say they repeatedly sexually assaulted a young girl. Wednesday that couple faced a judge.
Pet sellers in Connecticut say it will put them out of business. Animal rights activists say it's the only way to control where puppies, kittens and rabbits come from.