Be sure to stay safe when you drive. Below are some tips from the Connecticut State Police - Dept. of Public Safety.
To avoid distractions while driving, all drivers should:
- Use a hands-free device for cell phones.
- Never read maps, newspapers or other materials.
- Never attempt to remove coats or change clothes.
- Conduct personal grooming (shaving, applying makeup, styling hair) after arriving at their destination.
- Never engage in conversations with passengers that divert their concentration.
- Ensure children are properly restrained before a car is in motion.
- Do not attempt to pick up lost or fallen items.
- Adjust controls, such as radio, mirrors or temperature, before the car is in motion.
Get more tips and information from the Department of Public Safety website .