Updated: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 2:05 PM EST
Published : Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 9:37 AM EST
CROMWELL, Conn. (WTNH) -- Cromwell Fire Dept. was sent to the Crowne Plaza Hotel for a hazardous situation.
Two employees were mixing chlorine and sulfuric acid in the basement to clean the pool. The mixture gave off a gas that got into the ventilation system.
The Fire Dept. and DEEP are working to get the gas and chemicals out of the hotel.
Everyone has been evacuated and two people were transported to the hospital.