STRATFORD, Conn. (CTPost.com) -- No one was home when a fire broke out in a Woodend Road home late Sunday afternoon, except for the family's curly-haired black dog named Geo. When a neighbor spotted the smoke coming from the house's windows, he tried to run in to save the pet, but the smoke was too strong.
Firefighters found the dog hiding inside a bedroom closet, and after giving him a little oxygen, the dog seemed to be doing just fine.
Stratford firefighters were dispatched to 446 Woodend Road for a possible structure fire about 4:30 p.m. Sunday. When they arrived, they found a moderate amount of smoke billowing out of the first and second floors, Assistant Fire Chief John Conway said. Firefighters opened up the back of the house and entered from the front. The entire house had considerable smoke damage, and the living room and kitchen were nearly destroyed, Conway said.
Read more at The Connecticut Post.
Copyright The Connecticut Post