Stamford Fire and Rescue Department logo.
Updated: Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Published : Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
STAMFORD, Conn. (WTNH) -- Stamford Fire and Rescue put out a fire that set off three alarms at a local dry cleaning business on Friday night.
Around 11:15 p.m. the fire dept. was called to 141 Cove Road for thick, black smoke coming from the dry cleaners.
The fire dept. found heavy smoke coming from the front and roof area of the building upon arrival, police said.
Heat from the fire broke out the front windows, which caused the fire to spread rapidly. A second alarm went off at 11:24 p.m. and a third at 11:38 p.m., which brought more fire units to help battle the blaze, police said.
The fire was under control in about forty-five minutes. Police reported the fire damage was contained to the front of the building but the 2 attached rear buildings had smoke and heat damage.
No occupants of the complex were injured but two firefighters received minor injuries and are being treated at the hospital, police said.
The fire is currently under investigation.