Norwalk Fire Dept. rescued a man trapped on the second floor of a home during a house fire on March 20, 2013. Photo by Norwalk Fire Dept.
Updated: Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013, 8:07 PM EDT
NORWALK, Conn. (WTNH) -- Norwalk Fire Dept. rescued a man trapped on the second floor of a home during a house fire on Wednesday.
Around 6:00 p.m. the fire dept. responded to a house fire at 26 Leuvine St.
Fire fighters quickly raised a ladder to the trapped man and brought him to safety.
Officials said the man was uninjured but suffered from some smoke inhalation.
He was treated at the scene and released.
The home is uninhabitable and the three occupants are being housed by the Red Cross.
Officials said the fire started in the kitchen. The fire damage was contained to the first floor and the second floor sustained smoke damage.
There were no other injuries and the fire was under control in 20 minutes.