Updated: Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013, 11:16 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013, 11:15 PM EST
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) -- A condo in the Elm City tested positive for toxic airborne mold. That was two years ago and the family still does not have answers.
"They have not done anything here," said Staci Glazier.
Glazier wears a mask every time she goes down to her basement.
"There's poisonous air-borne mold in my basement," said Glazier.
Staci and her 11-year-old son live in the Spring Haven Condo Complex in New Haven. Before the mold, she first noticed water damage in the home two years ago.
"Numerous water bubbles, pockets, all over the place. I just keep noticing day by day, more and more and more," said Glazier.
An environmental inspection of the condo obtained by News 8 found that in the basement "a mond in air sample taken in this room is considered unacceptable."
The report goes on to say the source of the mold is "possibly attributed to past water intrusion activity."
After getting the report, Staci contacted her homeowners insurance. The company told her before repairs can be made inside, the condo management company must fix the outside of the unit where water is coming in, like cracks in the foundation, a leaky roof and siding.
"It's the equivalent of a house being on fire and replacing carpeting," said Glazier.
Hamden based Prime Property Management runs the condo complex.
Staci first told them about the problem in 2011. She says they sent a contractor to look at water damage at deveral units but since then...
"Nothing. Zero. Nothing," said Glazier.
In addition to air-borne mold, a kitchen cabinet fell off when a water-soaked wall couldn't hold it any more. And after two hurricanes and a record breaking blizzard...
"Every time there's precipitation, we have more and more issues," said Glazier.
Staci says she is tired of being ignored by the condo management company and wants the problems fixed before she has to take her son out of his home.
"If we have to leave because we can't live here because of poisonous mold, we're pretty much homeless," said Glazier.
News 8 reached out to Prime Property Management about Glazier's case. The company declined to comment.