Updated: Thursday, 03 Jan 2013, 11:06 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 03 Jan 2013, 6:32 PM EST
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) -- There has been a firestorm of controversy over reports that a lawyer is getting ready to sue over Sandy Hook on behalf of one of the surviving children.
Attorney Irving Pinsky tells News 8 he's been getting death threats over what he calls the confusion over his request for permission to sue the state.
Pinsky says his intentions have become so confusing that someone may have shot as his office. He didn't file a police report because he says based on the last week or so, he'd be filing reports left and right. Tonight his message is "I never withdrew a lawsuit 'cause I didn't file one."
"That's just one bullet hole right there, that came through this window over here and then the other window was shot out completely," said Pinsky.
"When did you notice it though," asked News 8's Erin Logan.
"During the beginning of this case," said Pinsky.
It's a case that's caught the attention of the entire country, even the world. New Haven Attorney Irving Pinsky is representing a 6-year-old survivor of the Sandy Hook School shooting who's traumatized by what she witnessed that horrific day. Now, he says the death threats continue over a lot of confusion.
"I filed a request for permission to maybe sue and people got all hysterical," said Pinsky.
He says people aren't hearing "request for permission" to sue the state of Connecticut.
Earlier this week he decided to withdraw that request. We asked him if it's because of the threats or the Attorney General's disagreement with a potential suit against the state.
He says no. His decision was made as new evidence kept coming in.
"It's called following the evidence. Also, I really felt bad about the fact it sent so many people nervous that they thought they were getting sued. They're not getting sued and I didn't sue them," said Pinsky.
"Does the family not want to pursue this," asked News 8's Logan.
"All rights to sue are still on the table," said Pinsky.
Pinsky says we haven't heard the last of him. He's evaluating all the evidence and he may or may not file another request for permission to sue the state. He may or may not file a request for permission suing other people or agencies linked to the school massacre.
"This is disgusting that people are blaming the messenger, but when I know, I know the sooner we act, the higher the chance of saving lives in the future. It's common sense," said Pinsky.