A vacant home at 24 Old Colchester Road Extension went up in flames Wednesday night. Nov. 28, 2012. Report It Photo Sent in by Corey Watford.
Updated: Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 9:53 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 9:53 PM EST
MONTVILLE, Conn. (WTNH) -- A vacant home that is currently for sale went up in flames Wednesday night.
Around 5:30 p.m. the fire dept. received calls about a house fire at 24 Old Colchester Road Extension.
The rear of the building was fully engulfed on the first and second floor.
Chief Murphy said about 80% of the interior was gutted and the home in uninhabitable.
This is the third fire at this home this year and the first two were deemed arson.
Chief Murphy said this is looking to be arson as well.
3 firefighters were injured, 1 with smoke inhalation and the other 2 were sent to the hospital for possible exhaustion, officials reported.
It took crews about an hour to get the fire under control.
The incident is being investigated.
Chief Murphy said despite the fire being on the same street as the daycare fire that happened the other day, they don't seem to be connected and doesn't want the public to worry.