(WTNH) -- Going on a diet and losing belly or thigh fat are not necessarily the same thing.
Fitness Expert, Lisa Lynn, says that fat that you eat quickly enters your blood stream and is stored by the cells around your waistline in as little as three hours.
Unfortunately, eating too many carbohydrates can also cause fat to store around your belly and it stops fat from being burned as fuel.
Lisa's five proven techniques that work when it comes to losing fat from your belly-hips and thighs:
- Replace your current carb heavy breakfast with egg whites or a complete protein shake that's low carb and low sugar.
- Feed the muscle and starve the fat by snacking lean. Snacking is one of the leading causes of obesity because snacking makes up 50% of our daily calories.
- Swap your granola bar for a low carb, no sugar protein bar or a carb free sugar-free protein shake.
- You can keep your fat burning furnace firing all night long, so you're losing fat while you sleep. Eating before bed is the worst thing you can do to your waistline and your health, so try not to eat after 6 or 7 p.m.
- Avoid eating until you feel more relaxed and can enjoy your food and make healthier choices.
For more information, visit www.lisalynnfitness.com