Updated: Saturday, 14 Jul 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 14 Jul 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
(WTNH) -- Fitness Expert Lisa Lynn makes a fat-melting smoothie.
Lisa says slimming smoothies boost your metabolism, kill cravings and help shrink your hips and thighs by helping to lower your carbohydrate consumption, but not all smoothies are created equal.
Almost all of the smoothies commercially purchased are best for weight gain. Store bought smoothies are loaded with sugar, and carbohydrates and they do more harm than good.
However if you blend your smoothie using the right ingredients you can turn it into a fat melting cocktail.
Fat Melting Criteria:
1. Should contain 155-200 calories or less.
2. The main ingredient should be a high quality 80% pure Whey because it's a "thermogenic" compound that will help boost your metabolism so your body burn fat.
3. Under 5 grams of sugar per serving -no sugar is always best.
4. Look for 1 gram of fat or less. FAT feeds fat!
5. Do not add empty calories, they show up on your thighs and stomach. Ingredients that add empty calories are coconut water, fruit, milk, yogurt, juice and flax seed or any ingredients that add fat.
How to make you're slimming smoothie taste like it's not good for you:
1. Invest in a blender with as many watts as you can afford! Look for an 800-watt motor.
2. Prepare ingredients (frozen fruit if it's on your plan) ahead to save time.
Cut and freeze on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag or container.
3. Frozen bananas go a long way. Peel, slice, and freeze them.
This go-to smoothie ingredient adds thickness without taking over other flavors.
*Use ¼ or 2 inches of a frozen banana if you're trying to lose body fat!
4. Add liquids first to get the blender moving. Then, add lighter, drier ingredients, like leafy greens, followed by heavy ingredients like ice and fruit pieces.
Kills Cravings Peanut Butter Cup
1/2 cup water
6-8 ice cubes
2 Scoops LynFIT IRRESIATABLE Chocolate whey
1 Tbs-fat free- Sugar free Fudge pudding
1 Tsp-1 tbs PB2
*If you're really craving take a Carb Edge and 1 Pure Omega-you'll be stuffed!
High Energy--Raspberry Ketone Cocktail
2 Scoops-LynFIT Complete Protein Strawberry Whey
6-8 Ice cubes
1/2 cup water
1Tsp Raspberry Jell-O
*Open 1 Capsule of Accelerator into your shake for faster absorption!
5 Ice cubes
1/2-1 cup water * Add more water for a lighter shake.
2 Scoops of LynFIT Vanilla Complete Protein
1 Tbsp Granulated coffee
*cinnamon is optional!
*Feeling anxious? Place 6 drops of Oxytocin under your tongue and use decaf coffee instead!
Feeling low? Use caffeinated coffee to boost your brain power and Cutting Edge for the B vitamins your body is craving
For more great recipes and tips, visit http://www.lisalynnfitness.com/ . You can also follow Lisa on Twitter or on Facebook .