(WTNH) -- If you have a hard time losing weight maybe you should consider something called metabolic fasting.
Fitness expert Lisa Lynn explains how it can get your body into the fat burning mode.
Lynn says the metabolic fast is a great way to offset bad eating days and force your body to melt fat.
Feed the muscle, starve the fat.
This means eating food that don't feed fat cells and that makes fat leave.
Fat-feeding foods to avoid
- Carbohydrates except vegetables: rice, pasta, cereal (including oatmeal), potatoes, beans and all crackers, cookies and refined man-made products.
- Liquid calories and juices: fresh juices you juiced yourself, non-dairy creamers, skim milk, rice milk, soy milk and sports beverages and especially alcohol.
- Nuts, seeds, avocado, oils, including healthy fats until our body begins burning fat for fuel.
- Dairy products: all types of milk, yogurt, and cheese even if they are fat free.
- Fruit: avoid or limit yourself to one to two apples per day to lower blood sugar and promote fat loss.
Cleansing, metabolic-boosting foods that blast fat
- All green vegetables.
- Lean proteins, complete protein: Whey, white fish, shrimp, scallops, LynFIT Lean Bars
- Fruit: green apples, lemon juice
- Free foods/snacks: Sugar-free fat-free Jell-O, sugar-free popsicles, black and green tea, black coffee, ½ Lean Bar, one scoop of Complete Protein shake, clear broth (must be soy and gluten free)
Lynn says if you are still hungry, eat more veggies and have a cup of hot water with lemon, or a bowl of clear north soup.