Updated: Sunday, 16 Aug 2009, 10:57 AM EDT
Published : Sunday, 16 Aug 2009, 10:57 AM EDT
You exercise and you plan healthy meals, but you can't seem to lose weight. Your problem may be what happens between meals, when you snack. Fitness Expert Lisa Lynn gave Good Morning Connecticut the inside scoop on delicious snacks that will actually help you burn fat and lose weight.
Lisa says you can do high intensity exercise all day, but if you're a heavy snacker who's eating the wrong things, you won't see any results. She says the key to slimming down hasn't changed -- you've got to exercise and watch what you eat, at snacktime and mealtime.
Here's Lisa Lynn's list of healthy snack alternatives that are
low on sugar, low on carbs and low on calories:
1. Mocha Blast - Made with Complete Protein shake, instant coffee & ice. Raises your metabolism by 25%.
2. Veggies & Salsa - Anything green is best dipped in HOT salsa, makes your metabolism scream.
3. Coffee or Green Tea sorbet - For extra sweetness add 1-2 packets of equal or stevia.
4. Fiber Plus bar - High fiber and very satisfying and only 120 calories.
5. Fiber Plus bar with a Green apple - Very High fiber and extremely filling.
6. No Fat/No Sugar popsicles 20 calories & 40 calorie fudgecicles - Very refreshing and you can have more.
7. 100 Calorie almonds & an Apple - High fiber/low sugar under 200 calories.
8. Kid-size Fat Free/Sugar Free frozen yogurt - Freeze for a cool treat and good source of calcium.
9. Fiber Plus bar with Complete Protein Hot Chocolate - Can help you burn fat while you sleep. Very high in nutrients and fills you up.
10. Ricotta with cinnamon or Complete Chocolate Protein powder mixed in - High in calcium, low in fat and calories.
And a bonus snack -- popcorn. Lisa says you can have a few different types, but air-popped is best. And lay off the butter.
If you need more weight loss help, visit Lisa online here. Mention WTNHAUG n the code box and you will receive 10% off your order.