Updated: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
(WTNH) -- Jessica Drummond is passionate about helping women and their daughters live the healthiest of lives.
Through her integrative health hormone and nutrition coaching program, she helps women and girls harness their true power and take on the world.
Drummond specializes in working with burned out moms and their daughters.
The following are Drummond's five best tips for strengthening adrenals so that energy and libido can return:
1) Add nourishing foods, before you drop the coffee or sugar crutch, add a lot more protein like grass fed beef or sprouted nuts, tons of leafy green veggies like lettuce and kale, whole grains like millet or quinoa, and healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, and cold extra virgin olive oil.
2) Turn off your electronics at least one hour before bed and begin a daily wind down ritual.
3) Get grounded. Actually walking on the Earth with bare feet, or using a grounding mattress pad has been shown in scientific studies to normalize cortisol levels (stress hormones made by the adrenals.)
4) Switch to a restorative, consistent exercise program. Exchange running for restorative yoga or Pilates until your symptoms improve, then maximize your growth hormone levels (growth hormone is key for anti-aging) with interval training.
5) Drink half of your body weight in water per day. (If you're not drinking nearly that amount, slowly increase to that level.) Avoid juice, soda, and sports drinks. You can make your water more interesting by transforming it into "Spa water" with slices of orange, lemon or limes.