Updated: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 6:34 PM EST
Published : Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 6:23 PM EST
HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) -- Carbon monoxide poisoning is on the rise in the wake of Blizzard 2013. One Connecticut man is thanking Hartford Hospital for helping him out.
Walter Meyers was working during the blizzard moving cars for his company when he says he noticed his hands starting to shake.
He thought he was just cold but he was actually inhaling dangerous amounts of CO and he was taken to Hartford Hospital to go through two treatments inside their hyperbaric chamber.
"Do you feel lucky," asked News 8's Jamie Muro.
"Yes, definitely feel lucky. Blessed, yeah, definitely blessed. Other people just need to pay more attention," said Meyers.
The reason for the CO is because the tailpipe was blocked by snow.
Meyers hopes telling his story will help other people avoid the same mistake.