(WTNH) -- Michael Costelli, the General Manager, and Steve Rosen, the Executive Chef, at the Connecticut Convention Center share a seasonal recipe.
The Connecticut Convention Center opened in 2005. They offer outstanding in-house catering and professional event management team. The stunning facility features floor-to-ceiling glass with exhilarating views from one hundred feet above ground.
It's conveniently located at the crossroads of New England halfway between NYC and Boston, exit 29A off I-91.
Learn more at www.ctconventions.com
Butternut squash risotto with lobster and fennel
3 cups cubed butternut squash
1 cup butternut squash puree
2 1.5 pound lobsters
2 bulbs fresh fennel
½ pound butter
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup onion, minced
1-1/2 cups good quality Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
7-8 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Fresh herbs to garnish
1. Boil 1 cup butternut squash and puree. Reserve for later.
2. Sauté 3 cups of butternut and reserve for later as garnish for risotto.
3. Thinly slice fennel bulbs and sauté in olive oil -season and keep warm
4. Bring 6 qt. of water to a boil and cook lobsters about 12-13 minutes then cool down in ice water.
5. Shell the lobster meat doing the best to keep intact and reserve for later.
6. Melt butter with 2 Tb spoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes until the onion begins to soften, then stir in the rice. Continue cooking and stirring until the rice is glossy from the butter, and the onion begins to brown on the edges, about 5 minutes more.
7. Pour in the white wine; cook, stirring constantly, until it has evaporated. Add about 2 cups of the chicken stock; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until the chicken stock has been absorbed by the rice, 5 to 7 minutes. Add half of the remaining chicken stock, and continue stirring until it has been absorbed. Add in the remaining stock, and puréed squash continue stirring until the risotto is creamy. Finish by stirring in the Parmesan cheese, diced squash and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Lightly warm lobster in 1 TB spoon butter and olive oil
9. To finish plate risotto, arrange fennel and lobster on the risotto and garish tastefully.
As the anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy approaches, the Sandy Ground project is nearing its goal of building one new playground for each of the 26 victims.
The brand new head of the FBI was in Connecticut on Friday. James Comey visited the FBI branch in New Haven to discuss some of his biggest concerns.
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — The Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport has sold a massive bronze statue for $300,000 to finance a major upgrade to its science education program for schoolchildren.
The Federal Railroad Administration has mandated that all Metro-North lines use new safeguards to control train speed, in order to alert engineers that a train is entering a dangerous section of track.
Lawrence and Memorial Hospital in New London has taken away the medical benefits of anyone on strike, News 8 has learned.
Gov. Dannel Malloy says the recent release of the 911 recordings from the Newtown school shooting has likely made things more difficult for the families, but he also says he expected they'd be released all along. He just wishes it had …
A new commercial from a group pushing for more gun legislation is using imagery that is reminiscent of the Newtown School shooting.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — FBI Director James Comey says the agency has stepped up training to police departments around the country after the Newtown school shooting and is trying to increase its understanding of warning signs before such tragedies.
Disturbing images from two middle school students on social media has sparked an investigation by police in Redding.
The families of a woman and three children who drowned when a van rolled into a Bridgeport pond in 2007 have settled a lawsuit against the dealership that sold the van.