(WTNH) -- Standard Security Systems offers modern home security systems and services to keep you and your home safe.
You hear about break-ins and burglaries in the news, so what can you do to protect your home and family? You may be familiar with traditional alarm systems, but there are advanced options available as well, such as:
Remote Security Cameras
- Cameras are a great way to monitor for intruders. In fact, a recent break-in that occurred in Milford resulted in an arrest because the perpetrator was caught on surveillance video.
- And for added security, these cameras can be used to trigger email or text messages that can be sent to your phone when something passes by the camera.
- Home automation is a key feature of modern "lifestyle" services available through a new security system. This includes features that will allow homeowners to control door locks, lights, thermostats and other 110v devices -- all through a smart-phone, tablet or PC.
Remember, home security starts with some basics:
- Locking your doors and windows
- Taking in the mail & newspaper (your home should look occupied)
- Installing outdoor motion lights
- Monitored home security system.
For more home security tips, visit www.standardsecurity.com
Standard Security Systems is one of Connecticut's largest home security companies, serving more than 13,000 customers across the state.
Special Offer: Mention Connecticut Style when you call Standard Security Systems at 888-742-5276 and get a monitored smoke detector added to a new security system agreement at no cost.
Two men were arrested after breaking into a home then driving at officers during a pursuit in Waterbury on Saturday night.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The two youngest members of the U.S. Senate are co-sponsoring a bill aimed at lowering college costs that includes withholding federal funds from schools that don't meet affordability and quality standards.
Two people were rescued from a house fire in Newtown, early Sunday.
New Haven police are investigating the death of a man who was found with a gunshot wound to the chest.
WALLINGFORD, Conn. (AP) — Members of the Machinists union who work at jet-engine maker Pratt & Whitney have approved a new three-year contract.
Police in Connecticut say a man they suspect killed three women took his own life minutes after officers confronted him.
Authorities have canceled an alert for a missing a 16-year-old Stamford girl they say ran away with her 1-year-old son.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut's governor is calling for houses of worship to mark the first anniversary of the Newtown school shooting by ringing their bells 26 times — once for each of the victims killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary …
When you hear the soothing tones of Bing Crosby you just know a Christmas tree is close by.
A gun buyback program sponsored by Hartford police and area hospitals collected 181 guns, including seven assault weapons.