Police say it happened Monday evening just off a pier near the South Street Seaport in lower Manhattan.
The U.S. Coast Guard says the ferry was heading to the Rockaways area of Queens when it became stuck.
Police and fire rescue units responded to the scene.
There are no reports of any injuries.
The cause of the grounding remains under investigation.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Transgender athletes speak out as parents petition to change policy that allows them to compete
- New Haven Chief Judicial Marshal cleared after investigation
- New London cracking down on dirt bikes, ATVs
- Cheshire police standoff ends with officer-involved shooting
- Tuberculosis vaccine could end up treating diabetics
- Connecticut lawmakers travel to border, hoping to fix immigration problems
- Hillary Clinton slams Trump's immigration policy; raises money for separated families
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
Senator Richard Blumenthal will meet with Coast Guard Academy officials next...Read More »
Some Connecticut parents are petitioning to change the rules of state high...Read More »
A Chief Judicial Marshal in New Haven is off the hook after admitting he lied...Read More »
The NAACP first brought the concerns to light. The academy says it investigated, but did not say what it found.Read More »
As family and friends are preparing to lay celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain to rest, one of Bourdain's closest friends and mentors, Jacques Pepin, remembered his life and legacy from his home in Madison, Connecticut.Read More »