MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH) - The J.C. Penney at the Post Mall in Milford is included in the latest round of locations that the retailer is shutting down.
J.C. Penney has announced it is closing 138 more stores, which will impact 5000 positions.
Liquidation at the stores is expected to begin on April 17th and most of the stores are expected to close sometime in June.
In addition, J.C. Penney will be closing a supply chain facility in Lakeland, Florida and are planning to relocate a supply chain facility in Buena Park California.
- Study: Skipping breakfast can lead to weight gain
- Travel ban case is justices' first dive into Trump policy
- Four presidents come together to pay tribute to Barbara Bush
- Average price of US gas jumps 9 cents, to $2.83 a gallon
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought
- Man who snatched AR-15 from gunman: 'It was life or death'
- Western Connecticut State University closed Monday due to student illnesses
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
The city of Bristol's Water Department will be flushing hydrants this week...Read More »
Western Connecticut State University will be closed on Monday due to...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.