WOODBRIDGE, Conn. (WTNH) --- JCC of Greater New Haven is reopening Monday with new renovations after a devastating December fire.
The Jewish Community Center announced on Sunday that there will be new additions to a newly renovated building including an indoor pool. The JCC will also unveil racquetball courts and a new playscape.
A new rinsing shower, an accessible shower, and three private co-ed changing rooms will also be available.
Crews have worked on the building since December when a fire that started in the basement ripped through the lower level causing the building to be evacuated.
All of these incredible updates come just in time for the kick off of their summer camp program beginning today.
For more information on the JCC, feel free to visit their website.
- Hartford rally pushing for separated families to be reunited
- 'Roseanne' spinoff 'The Conners' will premiere in the fall without Roseanne Barr
- Waterbury PD's blight fight to tackle drugs
- News 8 Exclusive: FBI probing excessive force claims against judicial marshals, video withheld
- PD: Cheshire crash remains under investigation, motorcyclist suffers serious injuries
- Music helps Coginchaug students find their way
- Christmas movie being filmed in Essex
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
A man has died after being pulled from Sylvan Lake in Watertown on Thursday.Read More »
The divisive topic of immigration is taking center stage again both...Read More »
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into claims of excessive force...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A motorcyclist suffered serious injuries after a crash with a truck in...Read More »
New Haven Mayor Toni Harp has vetoed an order by the Board of Alders requiring excess revenue be used to reduce an 11% tax hike.Read More »
Dozens of people rallied for an end to separation of families at the border.Read More »