(WTNH) - Here's an updated list of fireworks in Connecticut for Independence Day celebrations for 2011. We will update this page as we get additional events listed.
July 8th (Friday)
- Farmington -- Postponed until Saturday 9:30 p.m. Part of Tunxis Hose Co. Fireman's Carnival (Rain Date July 9th) [Link]
- Norwich -- Postponed until Sunday
- Windsor Locks -- Postponed until Saturday Veteran's Memorial Park at 9:30 p.m. Part of Windsor Locks Fire Dept. Annual Carnival [Link]
July 9th (Saturday)
- Beacon Falls -- Pent Road Recreation Area at dusk. [Link]
- East Hartford -- Riverfest On Connecticut River. Entertainment begins at 4:00 p.m., Fireworks at 9:00 p.m. [Link]
- Farmington -- 9:30 p.m. Part of Tunxis Hose Co. Fireman's Carnival [Link]
- Groton -- 9:20 p.m. Thames River Waterfront [Link]
- Guilford -- Guilford Fairgrounds on Lovers Lane (Rain date July 10). Community Picnic 4-7pm on Guilford Green.
- Hartford -- Riverfest On Connecticut River. Entertainment begins at 4:00 p.m., Fireworks at 9:00 p.m. [Link]
- Lebanon -- On the Green (Part of Summer Dance Fest) [ Link ]
- New London -- 9:20 p.m. Thames River Waterfront [Link]
- Windsor Locks -- Veteran's Memorial Park at 9:30 p.m. [Link]
July 10 (Sunday)
July 16th (Saturday)
- Canaan -- Fireworks at dark (Part of Canaan Fire Company's 100th Anniv.) [Link]
- East Lyme -- Fireworks over Niantic Bay 9:00 p.m. [Link]
- Newington -- Mill Pond Park. [Link]
- Portland -- At the fairgrounds on Route 17A. Gates open 5:00 p.m.
*Spot an error or omission? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
NORWICH, Conn. (AP) — Norwich officials say they fired the city's recreation director over allegations he made personal use of city equipment, allowed drinking of beer at adult softball games on city property and invited family members to a staff party in a luxury suite at the Thomas J. Dodd …
This morning, drivers need to be cautious of black ice on the roads.
Nurses and technicians who have been locked out in a labor dispute with Lawrence + Memorial Hospital in New London have learned that state law does not protect them from losing health care coverage.
It's been a painful and frenetic year for all of Newtown, Conn.
A Stamford man was arrested after allegedly threatening to blow up Bristol City Hall, police said.
A Stamford homeowner credits a bird for saving his life as his house exploded.
The Department of Defense says the remains of an Air Force colonel from New Haven missing during the Vietnam War have been identified and will be buried with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Two men charged with supporting terrorists in Afghanistan and Chechnya are due to appear in a federal court in Connecticut.
A 22-year-old Norwich woman was arrested for selling drugs in a parking lot and attempting to flee from officers on Monday.
A Danbury teen was stabbed to death during a brawl on Saturday night.