The court clerk's office says 19-year-old Nikki Yovino accepted a plea deal.
Related Content: Trial starting in false-rape case involving football players
According to the Connecticut Post (https://bit.ly/2sFw28V), she will face one year in prison.
Yovino admitted to making up the rape allegations because she didn't want to lose the interest of another male student.
Related Content: Woman accused of lying about rape denied school records
Sentencing is scheduled for August.
- Christmas movie being filmed in Essex
- Summer food program being offered in New Haven
- 'Take a Vet Fishing' event held in Branford
- Emergency personnel responding to potential water rescue in Watertown
- Seymour man killed in I-91 crash in Massachusetts
- New Haven Police Department investigating officers accused of falsifying candidate information
- German study looks to show coffee can help heart
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
Police and firefighters are responding to Sylvan Lake for a potential water...Read More »
The Travelers Championship offers all sorts of perks for active military and veterans.Read More »