WESTPORT, Conn. (WTNH) -- Three car burglars called police on themselves after a crash Wednesday morning, police say.
According to authorities, officers were called to a crash on North Avenue between Coleytown and Easton Roads around 1:15 a.m. The caller told police another car hit theirs from behind and rolled over, then the driver of that car ran off. Police say the car that flipped was stolen from Hazelnut Road.
While on scene, officials say officers noticed several GPS units in the caller's car and determined they were stolen from the area of Hazelnut Road and Blue Ribbon Drive.
Police arrested 32-year-old Reginald Sharp, 24-year-old Alexis Haythe, both of Bridgeport and 20-year-old Rashad Spain of Stratford. They're all charged with third-degree burglary, sixth-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit third-degree burglary, and conspiracy to commit sixth-degree larceny.
- State projects $601 million General Fund deficit from operations
- Akon looks to launch own cryptocurrency
- New treatment studied for parents helping children with depression
- Gatorade is going sugarless for the first time in its 53-year-history
- Wild weather in Illinois, Colorado
- Bird watchers visit New Haven nesting spot for bald eagles
- Ansonia man receives jail time for distributing crack cocaine
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
For the last couple of years, bird watchers have been stopping by Evergreen...Read More »
A former Connecticut death row inmate has been re-sentenced to life in prison...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A crash involving a motorcycle and a truck has closed an intersection in...Read More »
An Ansonia man will spend time behind bars for distributing crack cocaine.Read More »
Church leaders across Connecticut say the latest incident separating children...Read More »
Jordan Spieth helped get the celebrity part of the pro-am started on Wednesday from TPC River Highlands in Cromwell.Read More »
The twice mayor of the state's largest city, Joe Ganim, officially qualified for the Democratic Primary ballot with more than double the number of signatures required. He says he registered about 5,000 new Democrats during the process.Read More »