(WTNH) -- Free admission to 12 state parks and historic sites announced for this Saturday.
- Beckley Furnace State Park, North Canaan 10 AM - 2 PM
- Civilian Conservation Corps Museum at Shenipsit State Forest, Stafford, 9 AM - 5 PM
- Dinosaur State Park, Rocky Hill, 9 AM - 4:30 PM
- Fort Griswold State Park, Groton, 9 AM - 5 PM
- Fort Trumbull State Park, New London. 9 AM - 5 PM
- Gillette Castle State Park, East Haddam, 10 AM - 4:30 PM
- Harkness Memorial State Park, Waterford, 10 AM - 2 PM
- Heublein Tower at Talcott Mountain State Park, Simsbury, 10 AM - 5 PM
- Osborne Homestead Museum, Derby, 10 AM - 4 PM
- Putnam Memorial State Park, Redding, 10 AM - 5 PM
- Stone Museum at Peoples State Forest, Barkhamsted, 10 AM - 4:30 PM
- Topsmead State Forest, Litchfield, 12 PM - 5 PM
To learn more about Connecticut's State Parks and Forests, visit: www.NoChildLeftInside.org
Residents make sure to gas up your vehicles and buy any basic necessities today, as some may see nearly a foot of snow in this weekend's storm.
Farmington police say an officer shot and killed a man while responding to a fight between a father and his adult son.
Every week we take a moment to look back at the last week using your pictures and video. This past week, we got a lot of pictures of the season's first 'measurable' snowfall.
While many are looking ahead to the weekend snow storm, this morning we're waking up to the coldest air of the season.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The state Democratic Party is returning a $10,000 contribution from the chief executive of Comcast-Spectacor and owner of the Philadelphia Flyers, saying it has learned he could be a state contractor.
This week's Pet of the Week is a cat named Shirley.
WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — West Haven officials say state plans to eliminate Exit 44 on Interstate 95 south will make it harder for the city to attract business.
STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Stamford man convicted of attempted murder after he unknowingly hired an undercover police officer as a hit man to kill his wife has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
All over Connecticut, special tributes are being held this week to remember those who's lives were cut short at Sandy Hook.
After Sandy Hook, some of the top trauma surgeons in the country, including some here in Connecticut, put together a think tank to try to come up with a plan to save lives of more of the wounded in a mass shooting like Sandy Hook.