EASTON, Conn. (WTNH) - Aquarion Water Company is offering free fishing permits to certain members of the community.
The permits will go to the unemployed, to active military members and to veterans.
Related Content: Regulators to discuss monitor costs in northeast cod fishery
On Wednesday, April 18 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., anglers can get their free fishing permit by going to Aquarion's Aspetuck Environmental Center on Black Rock Turnpike in Easton.
This is the 10th year in the row that the company is offering the free permits.
Related Content: New requirements for people fishing for trout
- Good Samaritan hailed for helping bring suspect into custody in East Haven
- WATCH: Democratic Gubernatorial Forum
- Crews battle Middletown house fire
- Barbara Bush remembered at funeral as 'the first lady of the greatest generation'
- Ansonia fugitive arrested for child pornography
- State police mourn the loss of K-9 Erol
- Connecticut Senators among those calling on U.S. mental health bill to be fully implemented
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
A Good Samaritan is being applauded for intervening when a suspect got...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection plans to intentionally...Read More »