Three rooftop air conditioning units at House of Bread in Hartford have been severely damaged, according to Hartford Police. House of Bread's Director of Operations, Matt Beard, called police on June 16, after noticing damage to three out of the five air conditioning units.
Beard inspected the units after the air conditioning had not been working properly for a week. He found that interior components had been removed from three units, including large amounts of copper tubing. Beard reported to police that a volunteer at the shelter reported suspicious activity from one of their regular visitors.
All three units were deemed irreparable. The estimated cost to replace the units is thirty thousand dollars.
If you have any information that could help police in their investigation, you're asked to call Hartford police at 860-757-4000.
- Hartford rally pushing for separated families to be reunited
- 'Roseanne' spinoff 'The Conners' will premiere in the fall without Roseanne Barr
- Waterbury PD's blight fight to tackle drugs
- News 8 Exclusive: FBI probing excessive force claims against judicial marshals, video withheld
- PD: Cheshire crash remains under investigation, motorcyclist suffers serious injuries
- Music helps Coginchaug students find their way
- Christmas movie being filmed in Essex
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
A man has died after being pulled from Sylvan Lake in Watertown on Thursday.Read More »
Melania Trump went to Texas to show she cared about migrant children. Her...Read More »
The divisive topic of immigration is taking center stage again both...Read More »
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into claims of excessive force...Read More »
Melania Trump went to Texas to show she cared about migrant children. Her fashion choice carried a baffling counter-message.Read More »