According to DEEP, at approximately 2:30 p.m., EnCon Police responded to a report of a kayaker who capsized her kayak in the white water of the West Branch of the Farmington River, which is adjacent to People's State Forest.
After capsizing her kayak, the 52-year-old woman was assisted by a good Samaritan who was tubing on the river.
The good Samaritan helped the woman get to the shore. The kayaker was transported to Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, DEEP says.
There is no word on what kind of injuries the woman sustained. Officials have not released the kayaker's name.
- 'Mini-Me' actor in 'Austin Powers' movies dead at 49
- Good Samaritan hailed for helping bring suspect into custody in East Haven
- WATCH: Democratic Gubernatorial Forum
- Crews battle Middletown house fire
- Barbara Bush remembered at funeral as 'the first lady of the greatest generation'
- Ansonia fugitive arrested for child pornography
- State police mourn the loss of K-9 Erol
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
A Silver alert has been issued for a missing 8 year old girl in Hamden.Read More »
A Good Samaritan is being applauded for intervening when a suspect got...Read More »