WTNH.com Staff - (WTNH) -- A major coastal storm on Friday caused many state residents to lose power.
Eversource reports that more than 13,000 customers are still without power as of Sunday afternoon. Fairfield County features towns with the most outages as of 12:00 p.m. Sunday.
Eversource said it expects to restore power to the vast majority of customers by Sunday at 9:00 p.m.Related content: Handy Connecticut links during wind storms
"For a small number of our customers in the hardest hit areas, our work will continue into the later evening hours tomorrow. We appreciate your patience as we complete this important work," the company said in a tweet.
News 8 will be updating the outage numbers throughout the day. Refresh this page for the latest outage numbers.
We're working 24/7, as quickly and safely as possible, until everyone is restored! We appreciate your patience and expect to restore the vast majority of customers by 9 p.m. For a small # of our customers in the hardest hit areas, our work will continue into the evening tonight.
- Eversource CT (@EversourceCT) March 4, 2018
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Actor John Stamos shares photo of son
- Pentagon suspends August military drills with South Korea
- No motive, arrests in fatal shooting of rapper XXXTentacion
- All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- Trump, GOP to huddle as outrage builds over border policy
- Hamden cooling centers open
- 120 Nassar victims urge Michigan State board to fire Engler
Some areas will see thunderstorms into the early hours of Tuesday.Read More »
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
- Storm Team 8 Meteorologist Sam Kantrow meets with students and seniors
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
It was a hot one out there on Monday, and a lot of people took to the state...Read More »
A Springfield man has pleaded guilty to having a role in a "jackpotting" scheme.Read More »
There is an energy storage solutions company based in Wilton that is working...Read More »
The Board of Regents governing the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities...Read More »
They were the hottest team in the WNBA, until the Connecticut Sun hit a skid.Read More »
Professional python trapper Mike Kimmel was driving through Everglades National Park on Saturday with his friend, Jack Hubbard, when they came across a python in the bushes.Read More »