Police say at around 3:08 p.m., troopers and firefighters responded to 51 Ackley Cemetery Road for a house fire. After the fire was extinguished, a body was found inside the home.Related: Fire officials investigate deadly East Haddam fire
On Thursday, police identified the victim as 53-year-old Thomas Rasimas, of that residence.
The cause and manner of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Good Samaritan hailed for helping bring suspect into custody in East Haven
- WATCH: Democratic Gubernatorial Forum
- Crews battle Middletown house fire
- Barbara Bush remembered at funeral as 'the first lady of the greatest generation'
- Ansonia fugitive arrested for child pornography
- State police mourn the loss of K-9 Erol
- Connecticut Senators among those calling on U.S. mental health bill to be fully implemented
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
A Good Samaritan is being applauded for intervening when a suspect got...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection plans to intentionally...Read More »