ANSONIA, Conn. (WTNH)--The town of Ansonia received a beautiful gift, as Church of The Assumption had their ceilings painted by artist Paul Armesto, creating a mini-Sistine Chapel and leaving many people speechless.
"If I had to describe it in one word: beautiful. Two words? Incredibly beautiful," said Father Sullivan.
The ceilings took three and a half months to create, but Paul says it was a prayer to paint.
"It felt like being in harmony with the creator, with the creation," said Armesto. "It felt like serving a positive purpose."
Blessed by Archbishop Leonard Paul Blair from the Archdiocese of Hartford earlier this afternoon, Church of The Assumption's already existing beauty is now a bit more colorful.
"I see it as being a kind of wedding between the beautiful art inherited by the past in the form of the stain glass windows, and some of the other fittings, and now a beautiful expression of our faith," said Archbishop Blair.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 Dallas police officers shot and critically wounded, authorities say
- Greenwich resident announced as Blumenthal's guest to Macron's address to Congress
- Keeping your kids safe from cyber-bullies
- North Korea to send special noodle making machine (and chef) to DMZ for summit
- Construction workers rescued safely from collapsed scaffolding near Miami
- Angry residents say no to Woodbridge proposal for hundreds of rental apartments
- Officials encourage kids to exercise at least 3 days per week
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
State auditors say the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community...Read More »
'My Boy Jack' is on the track to winning the Kentucky Derby.Read More »
There's big trouble brewing in the small town of Woodbridge over a...Read More »
The Girl Scouts of Connecticut received a high honor on Tuesday.Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Fire crews are responding to a report of a structure fire in East Windsor...Read More »
The Dominican native has played in 14 games. He's racked up 18 hits-- and 12 of those have gone for extra base hits.Read More »
Two men are facing charges after police seize guns and drugs from a Hartford home on Monday.Read More »