Second Amendment supporters gathered at the state capitol on Saturday to rally for their rights.
The Connecticut Citizens Defense League hosted the rally. Those who were there were standing up to what they call "anti-gun propaganda," especially in the wake of the Parkland, Florida school shooting.
"They got their side and they are not coming over to our side. But if they are in trouble they will ask me to help them because I carry a gun. It's my right," said Joseph Sgori.
"Every time there's a horrific murder, opportunistic politicians run to the cameras. Two of the very big ones come from right here in our state," said
and through the commentary that they provide, their solutions only seem to include proposals that curtail your rights as free citizens.
In addition to the pro-gun rally held in Hartford, others were held in cities across the country.
- Good Samaritan hailed for helping bring suspect into custody in East Haven
- WATCH: Democratic Gubernatorial Forum
- Crews battle Middletown house fire
- Barbara Bush remembered at funeral as 'the first lady of the greatest generation'
- Ansonia fugitive arrested for child pornography
- State police mourn the loss of K-9 Erol
- Connecticut Senators among those calling on U.S. mental health bill to be fully implemented
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
A Good Samaritan is being applauded for intervening when a suspect got...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection plans to intentionally...Read More »