Police say on August 19th at around 4 a.m., officers responded to the area of Oregon Avenue and Manilla Avenue to the report of shots fired. That's where they found the 27-year-old male victim, who had been shot in the back multiple times.Related: New Haven man in critical condition after shooting in Hamden
The unidentified victim was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital with serious injuries. His current condition is unknown at this time.
After a lengthy investigation, police identified the suspect in the shooting as 27-year-old Ryan Bryan, of Hamden.
On Friday, detectives arrested Bryan and charged him with assault, criminal possession of a firearm and carrying a pistol without a warrant. He was detained on $500,000 bond and will appear in court September 21st.
Norwich counselor charged with...
Probation program denied for...
- Hartford rally pushing for separated families to be reunited
- 'Roseanne' spinoff 'The Conners' will premiere in the fall without Roseanne Barr
- Waterbury PD's blight fight to tackle drugs
- News 8 Exclusive: FBI probing excessive force claims against judicial marshals, video withheld
- PD: Cheshire crash remains under investigation, motorcyclist suffers serious injuries
- Music helps Coginchaug students find their way
- Christmas movie being filmed in Essex
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
A man has died after being pulled from Sylvan Lake in Watertown on Thursday.Read More »
The divisive topic of immigration is taking center stage again both...Read More »
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into claims of excessive force...Read More »
Melania Trump went to Texas to show she cared about migrant children. Her fashion choice carried a baffling counter-message.Read More »