Police say at around 4 p.m. New Year's Day, officers received information from a concerned citizen of a dead dog in the rear yard of the home at 108 Adams Street. The concerned citizen reported that the person living in that home had left the dog outside, exposed to the elements during this bitter cold weather.Related: Connecticut Severe Cold Weather Protocol extended
Officers responded to the backyard where they found the dog dead inside his doghouse. Police say the dog was not provided any type of protective measures against the cold.Related: How to keep your pets safe in the brutal cold
The occupant of that home was then located and cooperated with officers. Police say the incident remains under investigation and that an arrest warrant for animal cruelty charges will follow.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 Dallas police officers shot and critically wounded, authorities say
- Greenwich resident announced as Blumenthal's guest to Macron's address to Congress
- Keeping your kids safe from cyber-bullies
- North Korea to send special noodle making machine (and chef) to DMZ for summit
- Construction workers rescued safely from collapsed scaffolding near Miami
- Angry residents say no to Woodbridge proposal for hundreds of rental apartments
- Officials encourage kids to exercise at least 3 days per week
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
State auditors say the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community...Read More »
'My Boy Jack' is on the track to winning the Kentucky Derby.Read More »
There's big trouble brewing in the small town of Woodbridge over a...Read More »
The Girl Scouts of Connecticut received a high honor on Tuesday.Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Fire crews are responding to a report of a structure fire in East Windsor...Read More »
The former Bulldogs linebacker says he's focused on making a 53-man roster at the end of the summer. He was key in Yale's Ivy League championship run.Read More »
The Dominican native has played in 14 games. He's racked up 18 hits-- and 12 of those have gone for extra base hits.Read More »