The U.S. recall covers more than 30 models from the 2008 through 2011 model years. Harley says deposits can form on brake parts if the fluid isn't changed every two years as specified in the owner's manual. That can cause a valve in the antilock brake control unit to stick.
The U.S. government's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began investigating problems in July of 2016 after getting 43 complaints including three reports of crashes and two injuries.
Documents show Harley wanted to do a field service campaign instead of a recall, but the government refused. Messages were left Wednesday for company spokesmen.
Dealers will flush and replace brake fluid starting on Feb. 12.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- State projects $601 million General Fund deficit from operations
- Akon looks to launch own cryptocurrency
- New treatment studied for parents helping children with depression
- Gatorade is going sugarless for the first time in its 53-year-history
- Wild weather in Illinois, Colorado
- Bird watchers visit New Haven nesting spot for bald eagles
- Ansonia man receives jail time for distributing crack cocaine
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
For the last couple of years, bird watchers have been stopping by Evergreen...Read More »
A former Connecticut death row inmate has been re-sentenced to life in prison...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A crash involving a motorcycle and a truck has closed an intersection in...Read More »
An Ansonia man will spend time behind bars for distributing crack cocaine.Read More »
Church leaders across Connecticut say the latest incident separating children...Read More »
Celebrities came out for the Travelers Championship Pro-Am event on Wednesday. A lot of fun was had by all.Read More »