Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy signed an executive order to carry out the state water plan.
Related Content: How to collect rain water and save money
"The state water plan puts the needs of Connecticut families ahead of the commercial interests of private water utility companies and big businesses," stated Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy.
The Water Planning Council wanted to balance the needs of public water supply, economic development, recreation and health.
Related Content: Regional Water Authority shows how to make Infused Water
"Now is the time to ensure that we're planning for our future stewardship of Connecticut's water. The state water plan is going to help us do just that," added Commissioner Rob Klee with the Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection.
The state water plan is the first of its kind in Connecticut.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- US prepares for return of war dead remains from North Korea
- Immigration battle affecting Connecticut families
- Bear euthanized after breaking into Torrington home
- Volunteers provide free storm clean-up services to devastated towns
- Juneteenth observed in Connecticut
- Overdose Awareness Walk Comes Through Connecticut
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
It was a house break in Torrington, and when the homeowner came face-to-face...Read More »
The clean-up is still widespread one month after tornadoes devastated our...Read More »
Holmes ran the 400 meters in 51.21--which is a new meet record and the best in the United States.Read More »
The clean-up is still widespread one month after tornadoes devastated our region. For many, picking up the pieces is expensive and for those with little or no insurance, it's unbearable.Read More »
Police in Middletown are investigating after three businesses were burglarized early Tuesday morning.Read More »