(AP) - Authorities say actor Harry Anderson of "Night Court" comedy series fame has died in North Carolina.
Anderson starred as Judge Harry T. Stone on the sitcom "Night Court" from 1984 until 1992.
Anderson also appeared on "Cheers" and "Saturday Night Live."
He kept a low profile in recent years, making only a few appearances.
Officials say Anderson died on Monday at his home.
Police say foul play is not suspected. A cause of death for the actor is not known at this time.
Anderson was 65-years-old.
- Good Samaritan hailed for helping bring suspect into custody in East Haven
- WATCH: Democratic Gubernatorial Forum
- Crews battle Middletown house fire
- Barbara Bush remembered at funeral as 'the first lady of the greatest generation'
- Ansonia fugitive arrested for child pornography
- State police mourn the loss of K-9 Erol
- Connecticut Senators among those calling on U.S. mental health bill to be fully implemented
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
A Good Samaritan is being applauded for intervening when a suspect got...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection plans to intentionally...Read More »