ANSONIA, Conn. (WTNH) -- Ansonia is holding a fundraiser day on Thursday, August 23rd, to raise money for the repair of Nolan Field which was struck by vandals.
The event will run all day and the following merchants on Main Street will be participating:
- Antonio's Restaurant: 314 Main Street
- China Garden: 289 Main Street
- Chez Lollipop: 293 Main Street
- Crave Restaurant: 102 Main Street
- E's Cut and Style: 64 Main Street
- East Main Event Salon: 332 East Main Street
- Eddy's Bake Shop: 317 Main Street
- Hot Tamale: 313 Main Street
- L2 Innovate Computer Service: 334 Main Street
- Lewis Jewelers: 176 Main Street
- Massimino's Pizza: 70 Main Street
- Michele's Alterations: 50 Main Street
- Milly's Back Room Boys: 242 Main Street
- Only for Her Jewelry: 98 Main Street
- Sardo's Service Station: 522 Main Street
- Salvage Alley, Antiques: 101 Main Street
- Seccombs Mens Shop: 171 Main Street
- Spector Furniture: 385 Main Street
Officials at the University of Connecticut have begun work on a master plan to reshape the infrastructure at the school.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman are directing U.S. and Connecticut flags to fly at half-staff on Saturday in honor of the 20 children and six adults who were killed a year ago at Sandy Hook Elementary …
Up to a foot of snow is expected to drop on the state during this weekend's storm.
A snow and ice storm headed for the Northeast is expected to slow weekend travel and has utilities and airports on alert.
Farmington police say an officer shot and killed a man while responding to a fight between a father and his adult son.
As the snow heads our way for the weekend, we're dealing with some freezing temperatures out there. News 8 got advice from some professionals on how to keep you safe.
Police have identified a man who was shot in the head in New Haven Thursday, and was originally misidentified because of a fake ID in his possession.
The treasurer of the Milford Rotary Club has been arrested on larceny charges on accusations he embezzled more than $200,000 from the Milford Rotary and two other groups.
The state Democratic Party is returning a $10,000 contribution from the chief executive of Comcast-Spectacor and owner of the Philadelphia Flyers, saying it has learned he could be a state contractor.
West Haven officials say state plans to eliminate Exit 44 on Interstate 95 south will make it harder for the city to attract business.