NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) -- A mother is turning to lawyers and News 8 for help after her son was booted from his little league team because of a clerical error.
She's upset because her son played for the team for several seasons. Now that mom feels like he's being uprooted.
"We didn't do anything wrong," said Pauline Fagan, mother.
"I've been playing with them forever and there's been no problems," said Ian Fagan.
However, the night before the District 4 Championship win, the Little League's administrator found one. That was after 13-year-old Ian thought he had just played in the winning game as short stop.
"They had to forfeit the game and play again without him," Fagan said crying.
The Annex league says he doesn't live in their district.
"Everything has always shown us to be living in Westville," Fagan said. "This year they even asked me for a couple of extra papers, which I gave."
After that win, the players wrote Ian's name in the first base coach's box. He says they're doing everything to help him think positive.
News 8 asked the district if they're doing anything.
"Do you think there's anything you can do to allow him to play," asked News 8's Erin Logan.
"If there is we'll certainly do it," said Sal Punzo, league president, "but right now it's out of our hands."
"Are phone calls being made to help him," Logan asked.
"I'm not going to comment on that right now," Punzo asked.
"This opportunity...I would love to play in because I know we have a chance to make it pretty far," Ian said.
Ian is talking about every little league players' dream: to be playing in the World Series in Williamsport.
However, Thursday afternoon, the Annex League's Vice President tells us Williamsport officials say he's not eligible, period.
Ian's mother tells News 8 they're not giving up. Her lawyers say a judge will decide if Ian can play in Friday night's sectional game based on the case they've built. They hope to have a hearing next week so he can continue to play.
"I hope I'll be able to play with them," Ian said.
BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — Bristol police say they have arrested and charged a 51-year-old man who threatened to blow up City Hall because of a lien placed on property he owns.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Two men charged with supporting terrorists in Afghanistan and Chechnya are due to appear in a federal court in Connecticut.
A 22-year-old Norwich woman was arrested for selling drugs in a parking lot and attempting to flee from officers on Monday.
A Danbury teen was stabbed to death during a brawl on Saturday night.
Route 1 in Guilford was closed in both directions Monday afternoon, because of a house fire.
The Goodspeed Opera House has offered Trumbull High School their stage for the student's canceled production of Rent.
It's still not clear what triggered a deadly shooting in Manchester over the weekend but police say they now know the identity of the person who killed the three women before taking his own life.
The families from the tragedy at Sandy Hook are sending a message to the state and nation, and town leaders are sending a message to the nation's news media about next Saturday, December 14th.
A holiday light display is putting a couple from Orange in the national spotlight.
Last week News 8 brought you a story about a woman who was kicked out of a courtroom for breastfeeding. Many of you called our hotline to weigh in on this topic. Here's today's Voice of the People.