"A fairer work place means equal pay for equal work. In Connecticut, women are paid 82 cents for every dollar paid to men for the same work. This wage gap affects women of all backgrounds at every age and all educational levels," Malloy said.
Governor Malloy says these initiatives are not just good for women, they're also good for business.
He says the proposals can help make Connecticut a stronger place to work, and make the state more attractive to employees.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- CSCU meeting to be held to discuss consolidation plan
- Face scans for international travelers at Florida airport
- It is National Selfie Day
- Germany's Daimler lowers 2018 outlook, cites tariffs, diesel
- Trump says 'We're sending them the hell back' as supporters repeat his false claims on immigration
- AMC Theatres unveils $20-a-month rival to MoviePass
- UConn investigation alleges multiple NCAA violations under Ollie
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
The Board of Regents for the Connecticut State College and University system...Read More »
There are new developments in the investigation surrounding former UConn...Read More »
A number of organizations are working to put a stop to hunger.Read More »
Water will reportedly be back on at Gateway Community College in New Haven after being shut off since Monday.Read More »