WASHINGTON D.C. (WTNH) - The U.S. Coast Guard has released the third in a series of five-year strategic plans to try to keep boaters safer out on the water. The latest phase of the Strategic Plan of the National Recreational Boating Safety Program for 2017 to 2021 were released Wednesday.
"This strategic plan is an important piece of the Coast Guard's boating safety program," said Rear Adm. Paul Thomas, assistant commandant for prevention policy. "Over the next five years, the Coast Guard will work closely with representatives of national recreational boating safety organizations to implement the various elements of the plan."
The plan includes three primary initiatives: improve and expand recreational boating education, training and outreach; update, leverage and enforce policies, regulations and standards; and improve and expand recreational boating data collection and research.
For further information on the current and past strategic plans, go to http://www.uscgboating.org/content/strategic-plan.php
For more information on the Coast Guard's boating safety program, go to http://www.uscgboating.org.
- 8 Things To Do This Weekend: On Your Feet!, Sunset Cruises & The WoodenBoat Show
- Golf, family fun and free concert for second day of Travelers Championship
- Breakfast sushi is the food trend that will spice up your morning
- 'Take Your Dog to Work Day': Ideas to celebrate and keep your dog (and co-workers) safe
- Confusion swirls on border after Trump reversal on families
- West Haven police investigate 'shots fired' incident
- Man dies after being pulled from Sylvan Lake in Watertown
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Both sides of Route 15 are closed in East Hartford after a tractor trailer...Read More »
Looking for weekend fun? Here are eight ideas for activities including On...Read More »
Friday is day two for the Travelers Championship golf tournament in Cromwell.Read More »
Stormy Daniels is making an appearance in East Windsor this weekend.Read More »
If you see wagging tails and hear barks in your office Friday, you are not imagining things.Read More »
Looking for weekend fun? Here are eight ideas for activities including On Your Feet! - the Gloria Estefan story - sunset cruises and a wooden boat show!Read More »