They say he is refusing to leave the house despite multiple notices they gave him.
However, 30-Year-old Michael Rotondo claims that legally he wasn't given enough notice to leave.
Court filings allege Rotondo doesn't contribute to the family's expenses and doesn't help out with chores around the house.
His parents have given him five written notices over the past few months telling him he needs to leave.
They even claim they've offered to help him get started on his own.
"Give his mother and father space. It's time. He's 30. And not paying rent. You need to be independent," resident Lashea Wright said.
"That doesn't make no sense if you're going to your mother's house. Thirty years old and don't help do nothing--grow up," resident Christopher Adams said.
The Rotondos are scheduled to hash it out again in court later this month, about seven weeks before their son's 31st birthday.
- Summer food program being offered in New Haven
- 'Take a Vet Fishing' event held in Branford
- Emergency personnel responding to potential water rescue in Watertown
- Seymour man killed in I-91 crash in Massachusetts
- New Haven Police Department investigating officers accused of falsifying candidate information
- German study looks to show how coffee can help heart
- Norwich counselor charged with billing Medicaid program nearly $200K in fraudulent claims
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
Police and firefighters are responding to Sylvan Lake for a potential water...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Travelers Championship offers all sorts of perks for active military and veterans.Read More »