They reached a bipartisan deal to restore $54 million for the Medicare Savings Plan.Related Content: State legislature to hold post-Christmas session to restore Medicaid cuts
That plan impacts more than 100,000 people in Connecticut.
While that's all well and good, the state still faces a projected $208 million budget hole.
Last week, Governor Dannel Malloy laid out his Deficit Mitigation Plan. It calls for more taxes, more spending cuts and getting a reluctant legislature to buy in.Related Content: Republican lawmakers push for special session to address Medicare Savings Program
Watch the video above for further discussion.
- East Windsor grandma teams-up with Salvation Army to provide disaster relief in Puerto Rico
- Want a chance to win $1,000? Donate blood!
- Milford man killed in head-on collision in Orange
- Passenger shot with stun gun, forcibly removed from plane after fight
- Peruvian mob kills Canadian blamed for shaman's killing
- Can being cold help you lose weight?
- Sheriff: 5 people injured during reported tornado in Alabama
Expect dry skies after midnight, with some clearing. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Storm Team 8's Sam Kantrow visits Crosby High School
- Allergy season returns
- The 2018 hurricane season could be as busy as the 2017 season
- Good news about tick season
- Sunshine and clouds for Wednesday
- Outdoor sports on hold for now
- How rare is April snow?
An East Windsor grandmother recently teamed-up with the Salvation Army to...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
An East Windsor grandmother recently teamed-up with the Salvation Army to travel to Puerto Rico for continued disaster relief due to Hurricane Maria.Read More »