You exercise and you plan healthy meals, but you can't seem tolose weight. Your problem may be what happens between meals, whenyou snack. Fitness Expert Lisa Lynn gave Good Morning Connecticutthe inside scoop on delicious snacks that will actually help youburn fat and lose weight.
Lisa says you can do high intensity exercise all day, but ifyou're a heavy snacker who's eating the wrong things, you won't seeany results. She says the key to slimming down hasn't changed --you've got to exercise and watch what you eat, at snacktime andmealtime.
Here's Lisa Lynn's list of healthy snack alternatives that arelow on sugar, low on carbs and low on calories:
1. Mocha Blast - Made with Complete Protein shake, instantcoffee & ice. Raises your metabolism by 25%.
2. Veggies & Salsa - Anything green is best dipped in HOTsalsa, makes your metabolism scream.
3. Coffee or Green Tea sorbet - For extra sweetness add 1-2packets of equal or stevia.
4. Fiber Plus bar - High fiber and very satisfying and only120 calories.
5. Fiber Plus bar with a Green apple - Very High fiber andextremely filling.
6. No Fat/No Sugar popsicles 20 calories & 40 caloriefudgecicles - Very refreshing and you can have more.
7. 100 Calorie almonds & an Apple - High fiber/low sugarunder 200 calories.
8. Kid-size Fat Free/Sugar Free frozen yogurt - Freeze for acool treat and good source of calcium.
9. Fiber Plus bar with Complete Protein Hot Chocolate - Canhelp you burn fat while you sleep. Very high in nutrients and fillsyou up.
10. Ricotta with cinnamon or Complete Chocolate Proteinpowder mixed in - High in calcium, low in fat and calories.
And a bonus snack -- popcorn. Lisa says you can have a fewdifferent types, but air-popped is best. And lay off thebutter.
If you need more weight loss help, visit Lisa online here.Mention WTNHAUG n the code box and you will receive 10% off yourorder.
Lawmakers in Connecticut and New York are calling on the Federal Railroad Administration to take immediate action to try and prevent another deadly train crash like the one that happened last weekend in New York City.
Members of the Machinists union who work at jet-engine maker Pratt & Whitney have approved a new three-year contract.
Manchester police are investigating what lead one man to allegedly kill three women and then take his own life.
The University of Connecticut has awarded the first two scholarships under a program launched to help those affected by last year's massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
A student accused of setting off a lockdown and massive police response at Central Connecticut State University by wearing a ninja-like costume on campus is set to face a judge for the first time.
Newtown police officers rescued two people from a house fire, early Sunday.
Enfield resident Harold Slater was just 20-years-old the day he witnessed the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
Two men were arrested after breaking into a home then driving at officers during a pursuit in Waterbury on Saturday night.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut's governor is calling for houses of worship to mark the first anniversary of the Newtown school shooting by ringing their bells 26 times — once for each of the victims killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary …
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The two youngest members of the U.S. Senate are co-sponsoring a bill aimed at lowering college costs that includes withholding federal funds from schools that don't meet affordability and quality standards.