She has been longing to spend more time with her two young children, her husband, and perhaps, some children's books.
Life is short and she is resetting for all of the right reasons.
I thought you would find it interesting to hear her thoughts.
"In making this decision, for me, it took time. I was asking everyone, you know, 'Hey mom, what do you think about this?' Or girlfriends at lunch, 'What do you think about this?' But it ultimately didn't matter. Any opinions didn't matter," Anne explained. "I needed to silence what other people thought I should be doing and find in my inner core. 'Anne, what do you want to be doing?' 'What is your source of happiness telling you?' 'What's your ambition, what are your goals in life?' And when the goals say, 'I want to be a good wife and a good mother and a good friend,' 'I want to contribute to my society,' 'I want to leave the world a better place,' then I found it, and, I don't mean to be too Pollyanna, but I just need to step back."
Anne's last day at News 8 is Wednesday, Feb. 28, and then she'll enjoy new beginnings with her family.
Anne can't wait to get more rest and to get off her life of deadlines.
- News 8 Exclusive: FBI probing excessive force claims against judicial marshals, video withheld
- PD: Cheshire crash remains under investigation, motorcyclist suffers serious injuries
- Music helps Coginchaug students find their way
- Christmas movie being filmed in Essex
- Summer food program being offered in New Haven
- 'Take a Vet Fishing' event held in Branford
- Man pulled from Sylvan Lake in Watertown
Heavy downpours lead to flooded roads and fender benders across the Stateline.Read More »
- Scattered thunderstorms in some parts of the state overnight
- CRAZY VIDEO: Park-goers run for cover as windstorm sweeps up porta potties
- How to collect rain water and save money
- Gypsy moths expected to die off soon
- Storm Team 8 Co-Chief Meteorologist Joe Furey visits young and old viewers
- Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna to carry Special Olympics torch
- FEMA agrees to assist with preliminary damage assessment from CT tornadoes, storm
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into claims of excessive force...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A motorcyclist suffered serious injuries after a crash with a truck in...Read More »