However, the school is standing out in other areas as well, like STEM-education powered through unique clubs that have more and more students signing up.
At the high school, students like senior Evan Mikulski are taking advantage of clubs and turning STEM education into applications that perk passion and excitement.Related Content: What's Right With Schools: Project Adventure at Joel Elementary
"The robotics team, Milestone C, the 3D printing club, drone club," Mikulski explained.
A state of the art flight simulator is part of Milestone C, a high-tech after-school aerospace system. The club features hands-on instruction from industry experts like Air Force pilot Gemo Yasil.
"Thought process there is they are going to build an aerospace system that flies," Yasil explained. "We have to teach them about flying first."Related Content: What's Right With Schools: Frank Scott Bunnell High School "app" development
The math and robotics team has given senior Joshua Norman a unique edge before he studies engineering in college.
"The knowledge that's built in the club is definitely reflected in the classroom and the interchange," Normal said.
The basketball court and athletic fields may get many headlines at Notre Dame of West Haven, but there's some pretty impressive highlights to be had by these Green Knights.
- Law: Trans Connecticut inmates will be housed appropriately
- Astronaut and moonwalker Alan Bean dies at 86
- Report: 13-year-old boy from Waterbury missing in Massachusetts
- Bridgeport board to take up possible school name change
- Monument honors famous WWI war dog Stubby
- Sens. Markey, Blumenthal seek answers on self-driving cars
- Child bitten in face by dog
Scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) on Thursday released their forecast for this year's Atlantic hurricane season, predicting a near normal or above normal season.Read More »
- Bethany farm hit by tornado still picking up pieces
- Video: Lava bombs damage homes near Kilauea Volcano
- Showers move through Connecticut Tuesday afternoon
- A look at some of the recent tornadoes in Connecticut
- National Weather Service confirms macroburst hit Brookfield on Tuesday
- Photos: Tuesday storm takes down trees, knocks out power across Connecticut
- Tuesday storms impact evening commute, cause power outages
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) - Police are searching for a man who robbed a...Read More »
Memorial Day weekend is all about honoring the brave men and women who've...Read More »
Transgender inmates in Connecticut will soon become the first in the nation...Read More »
Massachusetts State Police are searching for a 13-year-old boy from Waterbury...Read More »
Bridgeport school officials will be deciding whether to change the name of...Read More »
The Bulldogs cruised past Albany, 20-11, in the national semifinals on Saturday afternoon at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough.Read More »